Last week, I picked up something to eat from Casa Piccola in Koramangala. I have heard about this joint for quite some time. Following is a terse review from me:
- Ambience is mixed. When I say it is mixed, it is both sparse and nice at the same time. The entrance is gloomy. The insides are spacious. The tables are nice, and have some western paraphernalia embedded in them (not to ask what connection western american influence has on Italian cuisine).
- Two days a week, an old gentleman comes and sings country music (again American western music vs italian?? But then I guess it is difficult to get Opera singers!)
- After you get out of the puzzled look trying to figure out the musical connection, the music is actually pretty nice. All about y’all getting on the horse, and going for the bounty, and the lady came home, and there was soup on the table, etc etc. Typical country music.
- Lastly, the food is not spectacular. I ordered the Pasta Primevera – supposedly their speciality – and I was not impressed ;-(.
- Disclaimer is that — a team mate of mine says that the food in Casa Piccola Indira Nagar is better than the one in Koramangala – But I am not willing to bet my money again.