DPS (Digital Photography School) is at it again. Wonderfully detailed tutorial on how to take panoramic shots. The stitching would be done later on the computer. But there are quite a few things, that one needs to remember, while taking the multitude of shots, so that the final results will be awesome.
- Use the panorama mode if your cam supports it
- Overlap amply
- Keep it on the same level
- Take care of metering (DSLR only)
- Check the scene for movement (no movement is best -no blurrs)
- Be careful with wide angle lenses
- Look up, look down, look all around.
- Yes vertical panoramas exist
Read the full article here.
Check out an awesome set of panoramas here.