Dave Cheong in his most enriching blog, has a nice post on 18 ways to stay focussed at work. Makes a very interesting read. I have started implementing a couple of the tips. It has been working out well until now. Some interesting tips are :
Write out a daily task list and plan your day.
Setup filters in your email.
Clean up your desk.
Change your mindset and make work fun.
Read the full list here.
Update: Found another Being Focussed article on the same blog. Man, this guy is amazing. Check out his list of things to do, for keeping his blogging consistant:
- Having a goal to write 120 articles in a year.
- Working on 3 articles each week, or 2 paragraphs in each sitting.
- Prioritising bill paying before working on writing tasks.
- Tracking the number of posts I have done each week.
- Planning the topics for future articles in advance.
- Taking time out to do searches on Technorati and Google.
- Waking up at 5:30am and working on an article before work.
- Asking my wife to wake me up if I fail to get up on my own.
- Unplugging the Xbox to remove distractions.
- Watching TV to relax my mind after completing an article.
- Visualise the growth in subscribers to my feed to maintain motivation.